Monday, November 12, 2012

monday musings by shyloh #62

I have been trying my very best to make Allie not want to work with me! Twice now I have covered myself with burrs. Itty bitty burrs, too.
I think I laid on a burr bush
So small and hard to see through the fuzz. . .
Everywhere. . .

I got burrs everywhere! Mane, forelock, legs, belly, armpits, chest, barrel, face, neck. Like I said, everywhere. And since they were so small and my hair so fuzzy, I knew it would be a pain to get them out. This was a master plan and was sure to work, right?

 But instead of Allie turning back into the wild, she picked them off of me. I was really good for her though, I even let her get the ones off my ears. I was not successful. . .she had to do work.

The next step in the no work plan was to hide from Allie in the deep woods. I saw her looking everywhere for me, but I was super quiet and still.
Hide n Seek
And I had a guard horse to warn me if Allie was coming, just in case I dozed off. 
Jessie, the new Paint keeping watch
But eventually, I was found and made to do work. . .with a horse eating sled!  What's a girl gotta do to be wild and free?

Oh and meet Marshall.

He is an Amish pony. He has a stall, but most of the horses don't like him, so I was asked to spend some time with him. I like him! And he likes me. And we are the same size. 

~Shyloh

7 comments:

  1. Marshall is so cute!! An Amish boards there?? Or he was from an Amish place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry the burrs didn't work for you. Good try though. Marshall is such a cute little guy. You sure are enjoying the new place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful friend you are to Marshall. And you look so cute together!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts or comments, I love to read them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.