I am back from my vacation! And while it was fun and relaxing, I was ready to come home. While I was away, I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award from four other blogs, so thank you Carrot Top from Little Bay Horse, Janine from Hoofprints of Kaspin, Liz from In Omnia Paratus, and Emmi from My Life on Horses.
HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
Eleven Random Facts about Me:
- I'm afraid of heights
- I would totally redo what I picked as a career path if given the chance
- I love swimming being in the water. . .I think I was a dolphin in a past life
- I am the worst cooker/cleaner/anything related with being domestic
- I hate giving random facts about myself because I can never think of anything and I feel boring
- I recently went through an Arby's drive thru with my horse mask on and asked for horsey sauce. . .I got nine! (I don't even like horsey sauce)
- I am incredibly picky about what I eat
- I constantly watch shows like Law and Order, NCIS, and Criminal Minds
- Reading is something I love to do. . .I even finished Dance with Dragons on vacation!
- I wish I was in much better shape (well any other shape than round), but I am lazy. Bad excuse
- I love playing games
Since I got four nominations, I am going to take three questions from each person, thus messing up the eleven theme, but I feel that it will be okay. . .
1. What's the last book you read cover-to-cover? Dances with Dragons, the last book written so far in the Game of Thrones series.
2. Have you ever broken a bone, and if so how? I broke my wrist by falling off the top of a slide when I was seven.
3. If you could chose any super-power, what would it be? So many to choose from . . .probably super agility. . .I could jump super high, have cat like reflexes, and move super quick. Awesome.
4. Do you trail ride? Not yet, but that is the ultimate goal!
5. Favorite food for you? Pickles! I love them!
6. Favorite treat for your horse? Shy loves Stud Muffins and Nicker Makers. She also won't turn down a peppermint, an apple, or a carrot.
7. Most amazing vacation destination you've ever been to? A place you haven't been to yet but hope to one day visit? My hands down favorite spot is Traverse City, Michigan. It is so beautiful there! I would love to vacation in Australia though.
8. Shoes, boots, or bare? Why? Barefoot because Shy doesn't need shoes. As long as her feet are healthy, why mess with nature?
9. Best birthday ever: what did you do and why was it so awesome? I love all my birthdays. . .but I will pick a recent one. Me and my husband took the dogs up to Traverse City and rented a little cottage. It was amazing. We did a wine walk through the town and took the dogs to this tiny lake we discovered up there and we were the only ones around so we could let the dogs run and swim.
10. How many siblings do you have? I have one sister, she is two years younger than me.
11. What is your favorite time of the year? Fall, by far.
12. Which do you like short horses or tall horses? I am going to go with short horses.
The eleven questions I created:
- How did you get into horses?
- What other animals do you have?
- Do you board your horses or keep them at home?
- How do your friends/family/significant other feel about your horse obsession (because we all know, we are obsessed)?
- What is your favorite non horsey thing to do?
- What is the weirdest thing you ever tried to feed your horse? Did your horse like it?
- What is one thing with horses that you would like to try that you have not done?
- Describe your horse in three words.
- Borrowing this from another: Barefoot, boots, or shoes?
- Supplements? Yay or neigh?
- Did anyone else have a hard time coming up with 11 questions?
- A Blonde, Brunette, and a Redhead - cute blog about a cute Haflinger, Abercombie and cute Corgi, Avery.
- A Little Slice of My Life - new college grad and her cool horse, Orion.
- Between Golden Ears - Cool Haflinger, Mitch that drives and a black mare, Jet.
- Calm, Forward, Straight - training blog about an OTTB, Val, and dressage.
- Cob Jockey - training for eventing with the Welsh Cob, Conner.
- Drafy Hafy Girl - love seeing the world through the eyes of this Haffy mare, Camryn.
- Horseshoes and Hearts - a girl who loves riding horses.
- Once Upon and Equine - blog about a women with a Percheron, mini horse, and mini mule.
- Super Ponies - starting a new horse, love reading their progress.
- Tails from Provence - move from Ireland to France, with the horses? Yes! Great adventures in a new country.
- Tales from the Trail - wrangler who rides horses on the mountains and trails in Colorado with her mare, Estes. Amazing!